Numerous unfavorable factors, such as ultraviolet rays, wind and sand, and sweat, can cause damage to the eyes to a certain extent. Many riders tend to ignore the protection of the eyes. Over time, the eyes may feel uncomfortable, and even some habitual bad movements during cycling may cause diseases. I have suffered from severe conjunctivitis!
It is very important to protect your eyes during cycling! Today, let’s talk about how to protect your eyes while cycling.
The first step to protect your eyes is to prevent sandstorms. In the process of cycling, the speed of the bicycle is mostly tens of kilometers per hour. If we expose our naked eyes at this time, the oncoming wind will undoubtedly hurt our eyes. In addition, if there is windy sand, the eyes will easily get into the sand. In addition, if the wind is blown, it will naturally cause trachoma if it is not protected, and the eyes will often become red and red. In order to avoid this situation, if you are cycling a motorcycle, you can wear a helmet with a windshield lens to block wind and sand. If you are cycling a bicycle, you can wear windproof glasses that fit your face better.
The second step to protect your eyes is to block the sun's ultraviolet rays and strong light. In the daytime outdoors, the dazzling sunlight often makes people unable to open their eyes and it is also difficult to say. This kind of feeling can be felt without any further explanation. It is like the bright light of art in the dark night, which can make people temporarily blind. If this happens for a long time, the eyes will suffer from cataracts. The most effective way to avoid glare from damaging your eyes is to wear sunglasses and don’t look directly into the glare.
The third step to protect the eyes is to reduce and avoid visual fatigue. Often we wear sunglasses in order to block the strong light of the sun, but ordinary sunglasses can block the strong light and reduce the ambient light, which will make it impossible to clearly distinguish the surrounding markers, increase the burden on the eyes, and make the eyes transition. Tension causes visual fatigue. Some sunglasses with a polarizing effect can make up for this deficiency, while blocking the sun, enhancing the resolution of surrounding buildings and reducing the visual burden on the eyes.
Eye protection is a very important thing. We need to start from the details when cycling a bicycle, and remember to wear sunglasses that suit you when preparing travel equipment.
Choosing the right cycling glasses
Cycling glasses are the equipment that can directly protect the eyes during cycling. A suitable cycling glasses can not only get a comfortable visual experience, but also can resist wind and sand and block ultraviolet rays.
1. Comfortable wearing
The choice of cycling glasses must first consider comfort, which is related to the texture, size, and weight of the glasses. Try to try them first before buying them. Professional cycling glasses generally use non-slip materials on the nose pads to ensure stability during strenuous exercise. In addition, most of the cycling glasses designs in recent years will add additional vents to reduce lens fogging and increase comfort. .
2. Lens color
When choosing cycling glasses, it is important to consider that the lens has the function of filtering harmful light and anti-ultraviolet rays. Different lenses have different absorption and filtering effects on different light. Therefore, you need to consider your usual cycling environment when choosing cycling glasses. , Make different choices for different environments.
Black lenses are suitable for strong light such as noon light, and are effective in preventing ultraviolet rays, filtering glare and harmful light.
The purple lens can reduce the degree of visible light entering the eye without affecting the clarity of vision.
Try using blue lenses in foggy weather or weather with low visibility.
The red-orange lens is the best overall, which can make the surrounding terrain more clear.
The yellow lens is suitable for use in dimly lit conditions and at night to reduce the light reflection of the lens, achieve the effect of brightening and improve the clarity.
Gray lenses provide the best color perception.
Colorless lenses are ideal for foggy or gray weather, and are often used for wind and rain.
Plated reflective lenses are necessary for highland cycling, and are useful in snowy areas or high-light and strong ultraviolet areas.
3. Lens material
The material of cycling glasses must be flexible, resistant to pressure and impact, so that if you fall down during cycling, you will not hurt your eyes because of the broken glasses. Generally speaking, resin lenses are better, have good elasticity and strength, are light in texture, and feel very comfortable to wear; while glass lenses are absolutely prohibited in the manufacture of cycling glasses.
Cycling glasses need to have a good anti-ultraviolet effect in order to play a good protective effect, and the lens needs to filter some stray light that is harmful to the eyes. You can shake the lens in front of your eyes to see the quality of the lens. If the object and the lens move together, it means that the mirror surface is not flat and it is not a good lens.
4. Frame design
The frame selection requires softness, flexibility, impact resistance, and safety protection of the face from damage during exercise. The veneer design of the frame can keep the eyes close to the edge of the frame, preventing strong wind from irritating the eyes during rapid movement.
5. Ordinary sunglasses can't replace cycling glasses
(1) The design of sunglasses is not suitable for sports, and it will cause the frame to slide or even fall during cycling.
(2) Sunglass lenses generally have no anti-fogging function, which can easily cause lens blur in hot and cold weather, which may cause danger.
(3) Compared with cycling glasses, ordinary sunglasses lack the functions of windproof and prevent foreign objects from entering the eyes.
6. How to choose cycling glasses for myopia?
(1) Invisible + windproof cycling glasses: If you wear invisible cycling, you must choose cycling glasses with good windproof, which may cause invisible dryness and cause injury. Do not use this method during long-distance cycling.
(2) Buy cycling glasses with internal myopia frames: it is a more cost-effective choice, but the weight increases, the size of the field of view is limited, the lenses are easy to get dirty, and the curvature of the endoscope does not meet the requirements of sports optics.
(3) Flip-cover cycling glasses: equipped with myopia lenses on the frame of cycling glasses, and connect the coated PC lens with the frame through a "flip" device, which is stronger and safer than the solution using clips, but there are fewer styles and prices high.
(4) Customized myopia cycling glasses: it is a relatively high-end solution that can provide the most suitable optical adjustment under the curvature of the cycling glasses. Except for the thickness of the lens, it is no different from ordinary cycling glasses. Of course, the price Naturally not cheap.
(5) One-piece helmet with windshield: Daily glasses can be worn inside, but there are not many goggles and helmets that support ordinary glasses. Summer may be relatively hot and the price is not close to the people.
Pay attention to eye hygiene
Please avoid the sweat on your forehead from flowing into your eyes! Human sweat is often weakly acidic. When sweat touches the eyeballs, it will not only cause obvious discomfort, but also cause certain damage to the eyeballs. Moreover, sweat can also bring bacteria into the eyes.
If you do not deal with it in time, causing sweat to flow into your eyes accidentally, please remember not to wipe it with your hands habitually! Especially when wearing gloves! When cycling, there will be a lot of bacteria attached to hands and gloves. Directly rubbing the eyes will cause bacteria to invade the eyeballs, leading to eye diseases such as conjunctivitis, and seriously endangering eye health.
The correct way to deal with it is to carry a clean paper towel with you. If sweat flows into your eyes accidentally, wipe it off gently with a paper towel. Don't take the convenience of a moment, and habitually wipe your eyes with your hands!
During cycling, eye protection is often overlooked. Today, I will introduce relevant knowledge to everyone, hoping to attract the attention of every rider. Remember these two points, so that your eyes can get full while cycling. protection.